|Title:||Registered Nurse/MDS Coordinator|
|Department:||Health Care Center|
|Deadline:||Open until filled.|
|Recruitment ends at 4:30 p.m. :||N/A|
|Job Type:||Full time|
|Hours per week:||40 hours/week|
Portage County Health Care Center, a 60-bed skilled nursing facility is seeking a Registered Nurse (1st shift) as MDS Coordinator to assist our dedicated team in providing excellent care of our residents. This is an exciting time in the world of payment reform and the MDS! Come join a team that is pro-active in leading training in the new payment model and has support available to you as you learn the new process of MDS under the new PDPM. In this position, you will also be responsible for ongoing staff education as well as infection control.
Our culture is based on teamwork, trust, open communication, respect and passion. If you value the ability to provide input, a progressive work environment and are interested in career growth opportunities, we would love to speak with you.
These are the skills we are seeking;
- Associate degree in nursing.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Wisconsin.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a Skilled Nursing Facility.
- Experience in Minimum Data Set/Resident Assessment Instrument/Prospective Payment System in a Skilled Nursing Facility setting.
- Resident Assessment Instrument certification preferred; must be certified within six months of the date of hire.
- Experience with and knowledge of Medicare rules, regulations and documentation requirements.
- Computer and typing proficiency
- Experience with clinical assessment
- Be able to maintain composure and cope with stress and frustration, appreciate the dignity of each resident, and keep cultural, social and medical problems confidential.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to insured vehicle for work-related travel.
Any equivalent combination of education and experience necessary to perform the essential functions.
If you would like a copy of the job description email; email@example.com
Portage County offers a robust benefit package for this position. Benefits include;
State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan
Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with the High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution or a PPO Co-pay plan)
Flexible spending account
Life insurance- premium paid by the County
Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County
457B Deferred Compensation Plan