|Title:||Deputy Sheriff- Eligibility List|
|Recruitment ends at 4:30 p.m. :||08/01/2017|
|Job Type:||Full time|
|Hours per week:||40 hours/week|
***Applicants must either have a test on file with the Badger State Sheriff’s Association testing site located at: http://www.empco.net/wis Check this website for test dates and locations.
Test with Portage County using the Wisconsin Personnel Partners test- candidates will be invited to this test which will be scheduled for August 12, 2017.
Deadline for applications: 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, August 1, 2017
This position is to maintain the most effective enforcement of Federal and State laws and ordinances for the preservation of public peace, protection of property, prevention of crime, and the arrest and conviction of violators. This is a law enforcement position with arrest powers. Work is performed in accordance with prescribed regulations and is reviewed by a supervisor through conferences, reports and a performance review.
· Must be 21 years of age and U.S. Citizen.
· High school diploma.
· Of good moral character.
· No felony convictions unless pardoned by Governor. No domestic abuse convictions.
· Must hold valid
· Must satisfactorily complete all required training during time period established by department.
· Eligible for certification by the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Standards Board, high school diploma and a minimum of 60 college credits from an accredited school.
· Ability to possess a firearm.
· Good verbal and written communication skills and clear and concise speech.
· React quickly and effectively to stressful situations.
· Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously.
· Ability to use all standard law enforcement equipment.
· Prior experience as a police officer is preferred.
· Vision correctable to 20/20.
· Successful candidates will be required to successfully complete all of the following: written examination, oral interview, and background criminal investigation.