|Title:||Child Support Assistant|
|Department:||Health and Human Services|
|Recruitment ends at 4:30 p.m. :||03/22/2018|
|Job Type:||Part time|
|Hours per week:||20 hours/week|
This is a brief description of the job duties:
This position works with a Child Support Specialist and their caseload performing duties relating to the child support program regarding the establishment, enforcement and collection of child support and medical support payments for children by complying with federal regulations, state and administrative laws. The team members communicate and work closely on Child Support cases. Duties include preparing and processing court pleadings, other legal documents, correspondence and various forms necessary for completion of assigned cases. Schedules court hearings and genetic testing appointments when requested. Respond to telephone inquiries from custodial parent, employers, other agencies, court staff and any other party related to Title IV-D of the Social Security Act assigned cases. Assist non-custodial parent as needed. Review and work “KIDS” computer system worklists as assigned. Generates assigned reports. Scan documents.
These are the skills we are seeking:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. One year of accredited vocational college or technical school in Legal, Paralegal, Public Administration or related field preferred.
- A minimum of two years work experience in a professional office required.
- Experience with computers and word processing required.
- Customer service experience with the public required.
- Experience drafting legal documents, with family law, paternity establishment procedures, and child support investigative procedures preferred.