|Title:||LPN - 24 hrs|
|Department:||Health Care Center|
|Deadline:||Open until filled.|
|Recruitment ends at 4:30 p.m. :||N/A|
|Job Type:||Part time|
|Hours per week:||24 hrs / week|
|Salary Range:||$20.33 / hour|
Provide direct nursing care to the residents and supervises the day to day nursing activities performed by certified nursing assistants and nutritional aides. Supervision must be in accordance with current Federal, State, and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern the facility and as may be required by the Director of Nursing to ensure that the highest degree of quality is maintained.
The LPN works under the direction and supervision of the registered nurse. An LPN is delegated the administrative authority, responsibility and accountability necessary to carry out your assigned duties.
- Licensure in the state of Wisconsin as a licensed practical nurse
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable of the theory, methods, and techniques of nursing.
- Ability to supervise and direct the work of others.
- Ability to maintain composure and cope with stress and frustration, appreciate the dignity of each resident, and keep cultural, social and medical problems confidential.
- Experience in restorative nursing, psychiatric nursing, medical nursing or geriatric nursing preferred.
For complete job description, email: HR@co.portage.wi.us
Portage County offers a robust benefit package for permanent employees working at least 20 hours/week. Benefits include;
- State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan
- Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with the High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution or a PPO Co-pay plan)
- EAP (Employee Assistance Plan) Paid by the County
- Paid holidays
- Sick pay
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance- premium paid by the County (must work a minimum of 30 hours/week)
- Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County (must work a minimum of 30 hours/week)
- Dental insurance
- 457B Deferred Compensation Plan
Portage County is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer