|Title:||Night Security Relief|
|Department:||Health and Human Services|
|Deadline:||Open until filled.|
|Recruitment ends at 4:30 p.m. :||N/A|
|Job Type:||On call|
|Hours per week:||Varies|
|Salary Range:||$10.50 / hr|
Do you have educational credits in psychology, sociology, or social work and the desire to work in a half-way house setting? Portage County Health & Human Services Portage House Division has an on-call Night Security Relief opening. Portage House assists those who have been released from incarceration to integrate back into society. This position works mainly weekends and evenings. This position offers those interested in this field the chance to gain real life experience.
What are the main job responsibilities?
House Coverage and Supervision, including;
- Maintains order and safety while typically the only staff member on duty during shift.
- Monitors residents' activities and whereabouts. Must remain in house for entire shift.
- Insures house rules, policies, and residents’ commitments are being followed.
- Answers phone, takes messages, and communicates to other staff regarding residents’ activities and behavior.
- Monitors visitors during shift.
Client Supervision, including;
- Attends weekly staff meetings. Attends Thursday evening meetings when necessary.
- Must be available to clients during shift. Supervises and interacts with clients, listens to their concerns, encourages positive behavior, confronts negative behavior.
- Responds to rule or policy infractions by writing disciplinary C-notes, may determine actions for minor C-notes, and records those actions.
- Participates in special house meetings while on duty.
- Records clients’ activities in log book, and writes other reports as necessary.
House Management, including;
- Responsible for house cleanliness during shift. Assigns and monitors residents’ house chores.
- Checks smoke alarms and conducts fire drills when needed. Monitors residents’ activities during emergencies to insure safety and state code compliance.
These are the skills and experience we are seeking:
- High school diploma or equivalency required. Minimum of six (6) credits of course work in psychology, sociology, social work, or related human services field, or comparable training or experience required.
- Group and/or individual counseling experience preferred.
- Experience dealing with halfway house clients preferred.
- Licensed driver with access to an insured vehicle preferred.
Portage County is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer