|Title:||EMT B or P|
|Deadline:||Open until filled.|
|Recruitment ends at 4:30 p.m. :||N/A|
|Hours per week:||Varies|
|Salary Range:||$15.45/hr. (EMT-B) $18.54/hr. (EMT-P)|
Are you a certified EMT with the desire to pick up additional hours serving citizens of Portage County? The Emergency Medical Services Division of the Sheriff’s Office is looking for EMT B or P’s to work special events in Portage County throughout the year. This is on-call work and you can select which event you are available to work.
This is a brief description of the job duties:
This position provides non-transport emergency medical service (EMS) response to medical/trauma related emergencies at events throughout Portage County. This position will provide services as an emergency medical services practitioner, operating at a level of care consistent with their license, the license of the County, and the plan approved by the Medical Director.
This position will operate under the operational plan and license of Portage County, and reports to the Sheriff’s Office EMS Coordinator, in cooperation with the County’s Medical Director. SEU EMTs are expected to operate cooperatively as part of a county-wide EMS system, and integrate with services provided by the County’s transport ambulance service providers, emergency medical responders, and other first responders.
These are the skills we are seeking:
- Must possess, at a minimum, a current EMT-B certificate at time of employment.
- Must have a current CPR Healthcare Provider Certification.
- Must be at least 18 years old or older at the time of employment.
- Must possess or be able to obtain by time of hire, a valid Wisconsin driver’s license and have a good driving record.
- No felony convictions or disqualifying criminal history within the past seven years.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write the English language.
Wage: $15.45/hour (EMT-B)
On-call employment does not offer a benefit package.