Assistant Commissioner/County Engineer
|Title:||Assistant Commissioner/County Engineer|
|Deadline:||Open until filled.|
|Recruitment ends at 4:30 p.m. :||07/12/2017|
|Job Type:||Full time|
|Hours per week:||40 hours/week|
|Salary Range:||$76,975 - $81,286/year|
Contact Portage County Human Resources if you desire a copy of the job description; 715-346-1327 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to a reorganization of the department the following opportunity is available: This is a supervisory and administrative position responsible for the planning, design, supervision, and coordination of highway and bridge projects for the Portage County Highway Department. Independent judgment is exercised in determining work priorities; however, overall responsibility rests with the Highway Commissioner. The position provides supervisory and administrative support for all county and local bridge inspections in Portage County and will fulfill the requirements of the County Inspection Manager as required by Federal Highway Administration and the Department of Transportation (DOT). This position will assume the duties of the Commissioner in the Commissioner’s absence and shall assist the Commissioner with the routine operation of the department. This position will be included in the 24 hour on-call rotation with the other superintendents and will be available to supervise emergency operations as well as snow and ice control operations.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or related field required.
- Registered Professional Engineer in the state of Wisconsin strongly preferred.
- Federal bridge inspection certification is required within 12 months of hire. This position must maintain certification as the County’s Program Manager for the WisDOT’s Bridge Program.
- Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License.
- Five to seven years of experience in highway and bridge design and construction management required.
- Three years of supervisory experience required.
- Any combination of experience and professional training which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications