|Title:||Community Health Nurse|
|Department:||Health and Human Services|
|Deadline:||Open until filled.|
|Recruitment ends at 4:30 p.m. :||N/A|
|Job Type:||Full time|
|Hours per week:||40 hours / week|
|Salary Range:||$26.29 - $27.76 / hr (depending on education & experience)|
The Prevention of Illness, Promotion of Health, and Protection of Portage County Residents from Communicable Disease and Other Hazards, which includes;
- Applies the nursing process to individuals, families and groups in the community setting; such as day cares, schools, home, clinic, jail, and businesses.
- Performs typical nursing care such as assessment, treatment, education, counseling, and referrals.
- Assesses needs pertinent to the health of the individual, families or groups.
- Works with specialized programs such as control of communicable disease, immunization, school health, AIDS/HIV, and others, and the follow up of these programs.
- Sets up and operates public health clinics; such as Family Health Clinic and School Immunization Clinics.
- Collaborates with other community agencies and resources in the planning of public health programs.
- Arranges and participates in multi-disciplinary meetings as indicated for the individual, family, or group.
- Makes presentations to schools and other interested community groups on public health issues.
- Participates in the evaluation of services and the assessment of the health of the community.
- Travels to patient's homes to provide nursing care.
- Serves as lead person in program development, implementation, and evaluation of assigned programs.
- Serves as a resource for staff, community, and other community providers.
- Collaborates with supervisor in determining program needs, i.e., supplies, personnel, etc.
- Graduate from accredited school of nursing with Bachelor of Science degree (BSN) required.
- Current Wisconsin Registered Nurse License required.
- Three years public nursing experience required.
- Minimum of one year working in public health MCH programming required.
- Current CPR certification or ability to become CPR certified required.
- Currently be a Nurse in the Community Health Section performing MCH duties.
Portage County offers a robust benefit package for permanent employees working at least 20 hours/week. Benefits include;
- State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan
- Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with the High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution or a PPO Co-pay plan)
- EAP (Employee Assistance Plan) Paid by the County
- Paid holidays
- Sick pay
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance- premium paid by the County (must work a minimum of 30 hours/week)
- Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County (must work a minimum of 30 hours/week)
- Dental insurance
- 457B Deferred Compensation Plan