|Title:||Administrative Associate II|
|Recruitment ends at 4:30 p.m. :||11/27/2020|
|Job Type:||Full time|
|Hours per week:||40 hours / week|
|Salary Range:||$16.41 / hr|
What are the essential functions of the position?
- Answers all incoming telephone calls and refers inquiries to proper personnel.
- Greets and directs office visitors to the appropriate staff.
- Drafts and types correspondence, reports and studies.
- Monitors and responds to social media questions (ex: Parks Facebook page).
- Make reservations for campers, season passes and lodge rental reservations as needed.
- Prepares and distributes social media releases in coordination with the Parks Director and community media.
- Assists with the preparation of Parks Commission meeting agendas and supporting documentation and mails to park commissioners. Records and prepares meeting minutes for Parks Commission meetings.
- Prepare, edits and enters registrations, and season passes for park activities.
- Responsible for daily reconciliations in computer system for parks fees.
- Responsible for preparing and recording monthly bills and depositing revenue fees and maintains petty cash fund.
- Compiles the department payroll from data posted on employee time sheets.
- Prepares all new hire paperwork with Human Resources.
- High School diploma, or equivalent required.
- Two years office support experience preferred or any combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Understanding of the rules and regulations of the parks
Portage County offers a robust benefit package for permanent employees working at least 20 hours/week. Benefits include;
- State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan
- Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with the High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution or a PPO Co-pay plan)
- EAP (Employee Assistance Plan) Paid by the County
- Paid holidays
- Sick pay
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance- premium paid by the County (must work a minimum of 30 hours/week)
- Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County (must work a minimum of 30 hours/week)
- Dental insurance
- 457B Deferred Compensation Plan
For a complete position description email: email@example.com