|Deadline:||Open until filled.|
|Recruitment ends at 4:30 p.m. :||N/A|
|Job Type:||Full time|
|Hours per week:||40 hours/week|
Do you possess high level finance skills and experience and the desire to put your skills to work in a government setting? Portage County has a full time Finance Manager position available in the Finance Department. This position works with federal, state and private grants to ensure all reporting and year end reconciliation is provided and supervises some of the Finance Department employees.
Portage County offers a robust benefit package for this position. Benefits include;
State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan
Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with the High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution)
Flexible spending account
Life insurance- premium paid by the County
Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County
457B Deferred Compensation Plan
This is a brief description of the job duties:
This position directs and coordinates the financial reporting of federal, state, and private grants along with the year-end reconciliation and audit process for grant programs. This position also acts as a finance liaison and oversees the financial matters of other county funds and departments, such as Health & Human Services, Aging & Disability Resource Center, Veterans, University of Wisconsin-Extension, and others as assigned. This position assists with county-wide financial reporting and annual budget preparation. This position is a member of the Finance Department management team.
These are the skills we are seeking:
- Associate Degree in Accounting or related field required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Grants administration experience preferred.
- Supervisory and/or management experience preferred.
- Any combination of education and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Ability to successfully pass a financial and criminal background check.
- Must meet County bonding requirements.