|Title:||Deputy Register in Probate|
|Department:||Clerk of Courts|
|Deadline:||Open until filled.|
|Recruitment ends at 4:30 p.m. :||N/A|
|Job Type:||Full time|
|Hours per week:||40 hours / week|
|Salary Range:||$19.18 / hr|
The Deputy Register in Probate position requires the ability to prepare orders at the discretion of the judge, clerk court proceedings and work in the Register in Probate Office. This is a full time position with a GREAT benefit package.
This is a brief description of the job duties:
This position is clerical and paralegal in nature, involving responsibility for juvenile, guardianship and probate matters, and includes duties as Branch II’s Judicial Assistant. The employee is deputized to make legal actions effective for the court and assists the court in the administration of juvenile, guardianship, Chapter 51 commitments, probate and adoption matters. Duties include scheduling/calendaring for the Circuit Court Branch II Judge, maintaining court files in all case types and clerking court proceedings for the cases filed in the Probate Court at the direction of the Register in Probate. Position provides back-up support to the Chief Deputy Register in Probate and provides front desk reception for Branch II and Register in Probate office.
These are the skills we are seeking:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Two-years of accredited vocational, college, or technical school in Legal, Business, Public Administration or related field required. Equivalent experience in a Court environment will be considered.
- Three years of legal experience in the court system preferred. Prior experience with juvenile, probate, and guardianship law highly preferred.
- Experience as a Judicial Assistant preferred.
- Any combination of education and/or experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform these job duties.
Some of the benefits we offer are listed below;
State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan
Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with the High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution or PPO Co-pay Plan)
Paid sick days
Flexible spending account
Life insurance- premium paid by the County
Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County
457B Deferred Compensation Plan